EUROMETAL participated in the conference “Digitalising logistics and supply chains to reinforce resilience” of the Cluster for Logistics and the Luxembourg Centre for Logistics and Supply Chain Management that took a good look at innovation and what to take into consideration when planning new projects.
The Masters of ceremony, Malik Zeniti, C4L Director, and Joachim Arts, Associate professor of the LCL welcomed over 50 guests on June 13th 2022 at the Chamber of Commerce Luxembourg.
One major takeaway, was that Luxembourg actors need to be bold in their vision but flexible in their implementation. Getting ready for the future is not just about digitization or digitalization but having a plan for a digital transformation: the process of devising new business applications that integrate all the digitized data and digitalized applications.
The presentations of the day included:
– Prof. Benny Mantin, Director of the Luxembourg Centre for Logistics and Supply Chain Management (LCL) launched the celebration of the five-year anniversary of the LCL and presented the team behind the Master program.
– “Leveraging topographical data to reduce carbon emissions and fuel consumption in transport” by Poulad Moradi Shahmansouri, PhD Candidate at the Luxembourg Centre for Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
– “Leveraging the CAVE Lab for data-driven decision making in logistics and supply chain management” by Professor Pascal Wolff, Professor at the MIT Global SCALE Network’s Ningbo China Institute for Supply Chain Innovation (NISCI)
– “Procurement in uncertain times: challenges, and is going digital an opportunity, or threat?” by Mr Marcel Dinu, Vice President, Vendor Management, Procurement and Supply Chain, SES Satellites, on their DP challenges
– “On platforms and digitalization of transportation procurement” by Mr David Waroquier, CEO of Shipsta, and dialogue with LCL PhD candidate Ms. You Wu, on a project in collaboration with Shipsta
– Keynote speech on “the Ups and Downs of Digital Transformation of Supply Chains” by Maria Jesus Saenz, PhD, Executive Director, MIT SCM Masters Programs Director, MIT Digital Supply Chain Transformation (online)
– Introduction and Presentation of the Survey Digital Transformation in Transport and Logistics by Mr Malik Zeniti
– “The untapped value of innovation in Supply Chain 4.0” by Mr Arnaud Lambert, Director at Luxembourg Digital Innovation Hub
– Practical Case: How digitalization can generate revenue using mobility devices: The LuxairCARGO case by Mr Francois Dolisy, Managing Director at 4i
– Practical Case: New trends in InfoSec, Cybersecurity, and Supply Chain Attacks by Dr Carlo Harpes, Managing Director at itrust
– Panel Discussion: The Ups and Downs of Digital Transformation of Supply Chains revisited moderated by Prof. Benny Mantin, Director of the Luxembourg Centre for Logistics and Supply Chain Management (LCL) with Mr Arnaud Lambert, Director at Luxembourg Digital Innovation Hub, Mr Francois Dolisy, Managing Director at 4i, Mr Christian Wilhelm, CEO at Shipsta, Dr Carlo Harpes, Managing Director at itrust.