The Port of Rotterdam is presently investigating opportunities to improve its position as a steel port handling semis and finished steel products.
On that behalf, Robert Jan Timmers and Hugo de Mez, from the Breakbulk Business of the Port of Rotterdam Authority were received in Luxembourg at EUROMETAL office on 12 November for an exchange of view on topics of common interests.
Main agenda points of the meeting were:
- Today’s position of distribution and trade in the value chain of steel
- Future outlook on steel consumption in North West Europe
- Impact of EU steel surveillance measures and EU steel trade cases on steel imports and exports
- Digital steel trade platforms and their link to logistics platforms in order to optimize steel supply chains
- Today’s position of the Port of Rotterdam as perceived by steel trade and distribution companies
Finally, the Port of Rotterdam confirmed that it would be candidate to host a next EUROMETAL International Steel Trade Day, in Rotterdam at the Port Conference Center, to be convened in 2019.